Oct 28, 2021
Starpharma to present DEP® at US Drug Delivery Conference (ASX Announcement)
Melbourne, Australia; 28 October 2021: Starpharma (ASX: SPL, OTCQX: SPHRY) today announced that it has been invited to present at the 11th annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD) conference, which will take place virtually this year on 28‑29 October 2021.
PODD brings together leaders in the Pharmaceutical Industry’s product development, R&D and drug delivery experts to discuss industry needs and latest trends. The conference also showcases innovative drug delivery technologies which could improve the delivery of pharmaceuticals.
The PODD conference includes expert speakers and attendees from leading pharmaceutical companies including AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Roche Pharma, Novartis, Genentech, Merck, and Sanofi. PODD also provides an excellent opportunity for business development activities through organised networking and a partnering tool for new, emerging, and established collaborations.
Starpharma will be represented by its VP of Business Development, Tony Eglezos, who will present an overview of the DEP® platform and its benefits as part of the ‘Injectable Formulation Technologies’ stream. Starpharma’s presentation “Enhancing drug delivery: DEP® dendrimer platform” is scheduled at 2:00pm (US Eastern Time) 28 October 2021, and includes:
- Overview of Starpharma’s DEP® strategy, and how the Company is leveraging its proprietary dendrimer platform to build high value products and partnerships that address significant unmet need
- Therapeutic and commercial benefits of the DEP® drug delivery platform in oncology and other therapeutic areas, including in combination therapies and new technology
- Overview of Starpharma’s three internally developed phase 2 clinical programs
- Use of DEP® in the development of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs), including the ability to provide additional flexibility in targeting
- Use of DEP® in the development of radiodiagnostic and radiotherapeutic conjugates, and the potential benefits of minimising off target toxicity and enhancing efficacy
- Broad applicability therapeutic and commercial benefits of Starpharma’s DEP® platform
Starpharma will also be conducting partnering discussions with other pharmaceutical companies attending the conference.
The presentation can be viewed here.